Road Trip with a Food Allergic Child ~ Part 2: Preparing Food in a hotel room

Day 1:  Our first full day on vacation!  We spent the day in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.  Had a lovely day but we could not have spent a week at this spot -not a lot to do with the kids.   Fortunately we are off to the beach at Ogunquit tomorrow! 

Our son was excited to eat the free continental breakfast downstairs while my daughter stayed up in the room with me (much to her disappointment).   She was not happy to be stuck with me while her brother and dad got to explore the hotel.   She was hungry however and ate her breakfast in the room.   This room is the DREAM set-up for us but unfortunately, our other rooms will not be this well-equipped.   We are in a suite with a full kitchen and table.  

I am mentally preparing myself for the reality that our next hotel will not have the space we have here and am just hoping for a dresser or desk to set up my portable kitchen! 

Here's what K ate today (not my proudest parenting accomplishment that she ate nitrites all day :( but at least she was happy and we all don't eat quite as healthy on vacation!)....


Breakfast:
  • P.C. Organics Apple Cinnamon Muffin (I usually make my own muffins but these are great when you need some in a rush and I was able to make them quickly while packing for our trip).
  • Bowl of Vector Cereal with rice milk (I like that it has protein in it which is hard to find for breakfast when you are allergic to milk, eggs and nuts!)
  • Orange Juice
  •  
    **Kate was delighted when her brother returned from breakfast with 2 boxes of cereal for her (the mini fun kind that I never buy!   He brought her Raisin Bran and Frosted Flakes -she ate both!)

Lunch: 
We were out in Portsmouth exploring the town for lunch so Kate ate her packed lunch that we brought along.
  • Hot dog and bun
  • Cucumbers with poppy seed dressing
  • Lemonade (Nantucket Lemonade)
  • Cape Cod Potato Chips
Snack:
  • Chocolate Soy Pudding
Dinner:
  • Ham Sandwich with Whole Wheat Bread
  • Organic Cream of Tomato Soup (dairy-free)
  • Crackers
  • Juice
Day 2:   We are leaving our wonderful suite today (I am going to miss the kitchen!!!)

Kate had her usual breakfast of Vector and Rice Milk along with some extra cereal from the breakfast downstairs -today they had Fruit loops and Rice Krispies so K was in heaven

I am packing her lunch for on the road:

She will have a Sunflower Seed butter and honey sandwich and apple sauce for lunch. 

We plan to get some groceries once we arrive at Ogunquit so that she can have a hot meal for dinner tonight.

Off we go to Ogunquit....yay!

The Allergy Mom
Kate was happy with her food and we had a great day and that's really all I can ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for sharing your comment!