It's the little things in life....

After 3 weeks of having the children home (March Break, then croup and last week Chicken pox!)....I am happy to say that I am still standing!   I was thankful for the lovely weather so that the children could get some fresh air and play outside!   We had a lovely Easter weekend and I thought I would share this little story which only a parent of an allergy kid could really understand how special it was...

Last Tuesday we had a family party to celebrate Easter with my side of the family and my "cousin" who was in town from Vancouver.  On the way to the party the kids were chatting in the backseat about the upcoming visit of the Easter Bunny.  My 3 year old daughter commented that the Easter Bunny brings everyone chocolate bunnies and that wasn't fair because she couldn't have one.  My sweet 5 year old son responded that she would get something else yummy instead "like Starburst or something" and I confirmed this as well.     In my heart I was so excited because I had purchased 2 chocolate easter bunnies from Blue Bear Aware that are egg, nut and dairy free and I knew that my daughter would be soo happy to find her bunny on Easter morning.
When you have a child with allergies, it's the little things in life that you realize are often taken for granted.   Like getting a chocolate bunny on Easter Morning....


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for sharing your comment!